Friday, August 02, 2013

#ProTip: How To Run a Marathon Up and Down a Mountain


No special tricks.  Just run.  Keep moving.  Eat some big pasta the night before.  And breathe.



Take in the view at the top


Tread wisely on the ice


Follow strong and disciplined examples


Dont be afraid to get a lot dirty


Keep those who support you whole-heartedly close



And enjoy it!



That may have been my last long distance race (though I don't make any promises) yet somehow the same "how to" seems to apply generally.  

5 comments:

Marcela Piazza said...

good advice, i'd like to start running :)

Marcela

Maddy said...

I've always wanted to be a runner. watching my mum do the marathon was amazing- well done you!

Sarah said...

So that's how you rocked that race! We loved being there to support you.

The Original Mangums said...

Proud of you! It could not have been easy, and it was so cold! I bet you do it again, but if you don't you have lots of experience under your belt and it's ok.

Tasha said...

I think my favorite picture was the one of your muddy shoe. Sure love you!